Grilled Chicken Citris Olive Salad

Sorry it's been so long. My desktop computer is in the shop. They decided the motherboard was defective. I am posting from Chuck's netbook.

Monday I was at the chiropractor's office and I saw a neat recipe. We stopped by the new
Sprouts to get a few ingredients and I experimented on the entire family.

Chuck grilled the chicken while I made the vinaigrette and put the salad together.


I left out the olives for our two olive haters - more for the rest of us!
I used my new ceramic garlic/ginger grater from the fair to grate the fresh garlic.
The recipe called for a total of 6 cloves of fresh garlic. I thought that sounded a bit much but followed the recipe exactly. Four cloves went into the vinaigrette and 2 cloves grated and sprinkled on the greens. I personally LOVED IT! I got mixed reviews from the rest of the family. Most thought it was a bit too much garlic. One of them also took umbrage to the red wine vinegar in the vinaigrette, however, the remainder of the tasters liked it.

Here is the vinaigrette recipe
1/2 c. red wine vinegar
4 cloves garlic
1T olive oil
1T. finely chopped red onion
1T. finely chopped celery
cracked black pepper to taste

the salad was just greens, naval oranges, black olives and the 2 cloves garlic

Comments

Popular Posts