Saturday Night Sept. 5



Tonight was a night of new experiences. I had some chicken tenders and some artichoke hearts that needed to be used. I was going through some old magazines and found a recipe in the May 2009 Good Housekeeping for Chicken Saute with Artichokes, Lemon and Mint.

It was perfect! I only needed a lemon, some mint and feta. Wow! Isn't it great when you can use leftover stuff and a new recipe at the same time. God is always providing for us.




It was a very simple recipe done in one skillet.
I did throw in some mushrooms that were in the fridge. I wouldn't do that again. The mushrooms held on to the lemon and mint a little too strongly.
It was good though.











Here is the finished dish. Chuck and the girls said they really liked it.











I made a baked honey custard for dessert.
It is from Whole Foods for the Whole Family La Leche League International Cookbook.

It turned out perfect. This was my very first custard so I was very glad they turned out so well. I used local raw honey and cinnamon on top.
Yummy!

Comments

Popular Posts