Thanksgiving Contributions

This year Julie hosted Thanksgiving.
I made two Pecan Pies.
One to take --- one for home.

Yummy!

I just used the recipe on the back of the Karo Corn Syrup bottle.
Four pumpkin pies.
My favorite recipe is the one on the can of Libby's Solid Pack Pumpkin.
I love the cinnamon and cloves.

I made four pumpkin pies.
One to take --- one for Dad's on friday ---two for home.

I also made two fresh apple pies.
The recipe is the simplest ever.
Place sliced, washed, tart apples in pie crust. I used Granny Smith.
Don't worry about peels, just wash well. I just sliced with my apple slicer from Pampered Chef.
Sprinkle with 1/4-1/2 cup raisins.
Sprinkle cinnamon over all the ingredients.
Place top crust. Cut some slits. Bake.


Julie really wanted the yams with marshmallows.
Due to her pregnancy announcement I decided to indulge her.
Under the marshmallows is just yams from a can mashed up with cinnamon, dash of ginger and that's it!

It was eaten up.

Julie also requested Angel Fluff. I didn't have the traditional cranberry jello for Thanksgiving so it was the standard Strawberry/Banana.
The Yams the family like are Apple Yam Bake from my LaLeche cookbook.

It is canned yams, drained and left chunky. Chunky applesauce dropped throughout the yams.
Topping is a basic oatmeal, cinnamon, butter crumble.

Yum, Yum, Yum



Julie made a large turkey. It was the first time she used her oven in the new house. It was also a store turkey. However it was good meat. She also made some gravy and her absolutely scrumptious rich famous mashed potatoes. Oh she also whipped up stuffing/dressing.

Others brought green bean casserole, crescent rolls, creamed pearl onions, fresh cranberry sauce.

The dinner was a success. Congratulation Julie!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts