Not cooking much :(

I do have 6 followers so I thought I would drop in and update.

I'm not cooking very much right now. I don't have a kitchen. I don't have a home. I'm a gypsy.

I am also only feeding me and occasionally my husband and brother in law who is graciously sharing his home with us for a while.

I make bacon and eggs and nachos most often.

I have made some interesting experimental things.

Yesterday I found two roasts from Angel Foods in the deep freezer.
I did what any frugal woman with Dutch roots would do.

Found brother in law's crock pot...threw in both roasts frozen...poured a can of Hunts Spaghetti Sauce with Mushrooms on top...cooked on high.
Made some pasta and veggies and dinner was made.

When we first got here I had an eighteen pound turkey that needed to be cooked.

I decided to just roast it a la Thanksgiving.
Let's just say - different kitchen, different oven, different baking pans and utensils, spices and herbs of undetermined age...
good thing the smoke alarms were waiting for new batteries

I have discovered that I love butter.
Did you know that you can fry raw oatmeal in butter and just a pinch of sugar and you get a single sized cookie? You can then throw some chocolate chips on top and yummy.

Also don't assume you know what is in a kitchen just because on the surface it looks well stocked with Pampered Chef tools and stones and etc...
As I was making Pasties for Father's Day I discovered ...oh no...no rolling pin.
Also the only flour what whole wheat.

Did I mention I have no transportation other than my feet?

I have been finding interesting ways to use the 24 whole wheat short pastry dough balls that were supposed to be individual pasties. Hmmm I will let you use your imagination...

Well I'll be off to Houston for 5 weeks. Maybe I will check in from there...that is if I'm allowed in my daughter's kitchen. She is quite the cook.

I told you I'm a gypsy. I don't know what I will return to other than it won't be brother in law's house. Good thing I don't need to worry.
 25 “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?
28 “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. Matthew 6:25-34

Comments

Popular Posts