Another great one from my pinterest friends.
1 tablespoon lime juice
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon chili powder
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 lbs.)
1 cup tortilla crumbs*
1 large ripe avocado, cut into cubes
2 roma tomatoes, seeds removed, diced
1/4 cup red onion, diced
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
sea salt and fresh black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Combine Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Light Mayonnaise, lime juice, garlic, cilantro and chili powder in small bowl; set aside.
- Coat chicken with mayonnaise mixture, then tortilla crumbs. Arrange chicken on aluminum-foil-lined baking pan.
- Bake 20 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Make the salsa while the chicken cooks. Combine avocado, tomato, onion and cilantro. Toss with a tablespoon or two of lime to taste and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish, if desired, with the salsa and cilantro.
* For homemade tortilla crumbs, crunch in a zip lock bag. If you want a finer crumb process in food processor.
Adapted from Hellmann's
We ate too much. This was so so yummy our mouths kept eating til our plates were clean.
The chicken was so very moist. It was tender yet crunchy. The salsa brought the whole dish together with a taste explosion in my mouth. This was so easy to make. It really was done in 30 minutes including prep. And I even got the dishes washed while the chicken was still baking.
I did cut the recipe for the chicken in half but made the entire salsa recipe. I intended to save half the salsa but it was so good we ate it. This was a complete meal by itself with the fresh avocado and tomatoes.