I had all the ingredients for this salad on hand except for the Raspberry Poppy Seed Dressing. So I made a Balsamic Dressing. It was very good. I made the candied nuts about an hour before dinner. They were perfect and so easy. I have been snacking on the leftovers for about a week now and they are still crunchy and fresh.
- 6 oz (approx 6 cups) baby spinach leaves
- 1 pint (approx. 16 medium-size) fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered or sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3-4 tablespoons raspberry poppy seed dressing
- 1/2 cup candied pecan pieces**
In large bowl, toss spinach, strawberries, onion, and cheese with dressing. Sprinkle candy pecan pieces on top just before serving (so they remain crisp).
Yes this is a salad to be added to my salad list. It was so simple and fresh.
Thank you for sharing your recipe with us Monica at The Yummy Life.