Welcome 2016


I'm One of my resolutions this year is to write again. Part of that is my cooking blog Mimi's Kitchen. 

We are more settled now and I do most of the cooking for our little family unit so I will be posting at least once a week. So let's start with our New Years Eve dinner. Two absolutely fantastic Pinterest successes and one recipe of my own.

I made an Olive Garden Breadstick copycat and the comments were...
"These are even better than Olive Garden"
"Best ever Mimi!"
"May I have more?"

I thought they tasted and had the texture of the Olive Garden Breadstick from way back when it was a new restaurant.

Here is a picture of one pan. The first pan was eaten before I could get them on the plates. I did return this pan to the oven for two more minutes to brown a little bit more.



I used the recipe from here.  
http://cincyshopper.com/copycat-olive-garden-breadsticks/


The next Pinterest success was a creamed spinach that I can honestly say is the best I've ever tasted. I love spinach. I like creamed veggies but they are only for a special treat not for every day eating if I want to remain healthy.




I used this recipe 
http://boymeetsbowl.blogspot.ca/2014/04/steakhouse-creamed-spinach.html

I made one small change. I sauted the onions and garlic in butter and then used half in the sauce and left the other half when I added the fresh spinach to the pan. Yum!




The main dish was spaghetti and my meatballs. I have to admit that my meTballs are different every time I make them. I tend to be a use what you have kind of cook. We might never eat if I needed to have every ingredient before cooking. At the least it would be boring, bland food...




Here is my basic meatball recipe.

Ground beef
Egg
Some kind of filler ie bread or Rice Krispies
Seasoning

That's it. I usually use salt and pepper and then add herbs from the pantry. Last nigh I used one of the herb mixes I had on hand.

I do apologise for the pictures. The food smelled so good and was eaten so quickly that I did not get a complete meal picture. 



Comments

Popular Posts